Finding The Best Meat Smoker For The Money
People love the taste of smoked meat. In fact, some people love it so much that they want to start smoking meat at home. We at Taber’s Best Reviews love smoked salmon, smoked turkey at Thanksgiving, at smoked Tri-Tip at our annual Christmas banquet at church.
Turn your summer bbq into a meat smoking extravaganza!
All of these great foods and memories are made possible by meat smokers.
Owning a meat smoker opens up a world of new possibilities of culinary delights for the food aficionado. However, what if you want to start smoking meat at home? Where do you start? What is the best meat smoker for the money?
Our team of writers and researchers set out to answer the question of what is the best meat smoker for the money. We asked the experts, listened to buyers, and put the smokers to the test, which was such a tedious chore. (Do you believe that?)
So here are the results of all our efforts. We hope that this article helps you start your meat smoking journey at home.
How We Chose These Smokers For You
Why You Should Trust Us
We spent over 40 hours researching and writing this list of the best meat smokers for home use so you wouldn’t have to spend your time doing the research. We consulted with the top experts in the industry and coupled that with our own experience to bring you this list. We do not accept free products or incentives when we review products to keep our opinions unbiased and helpful to our readers.
In making this list of the best meat smokers for home use, we kept three things in mind: Features, price, and customer satisfaction.
One of the most important things about purchasing a new meat smoker is the features that the smoker has. How hot does it get? Is it gas, charcoal, or electric smoker? Is it just a smoker or is it a grill/smoker combo? Does it have multiple racks and good temperature control? Is it large enough to smoke all the meat you want to smoke in one setting?
All of these things are important in choosing your new meat smoker, or deciding which one will be an excellent gift for a friend or loved one. So that is what we looked for in a meat smoker. We only picked smokers that had one or more of these options.
We kept the price range reasonable for a top of the line smoker so that anyone can afford a top quality meat smoker. It really would do you no good if we did a survey of the best meat smoker for the money and then didn’t take into consideration the price.
When starting out learning how to smoke meat you do not want to buy the most expensive one. You want to learn on a beginner smoker then upgrade to one of these smokers at a later date later if you feel that you need to.
Most people buy a smoker to make their job of cooking great food easier and their quality of life better. We made sure that we only listed the meat smokers that will accomplish that goal.
Every smoker that we have listed are rated by customers at 80% or higher depending on the rating system used on different websites.
We also read all the individual customer reviews to see how well the manufacturer responded to customer issues and how well people recommended these smokers. We only took into account customers with a verified purchase. They are real buyers reviewing the product.
What Is The Best?
Picking the best meat smoker for home use depends upon your needs.
- Do you need to cook much meat at once?
- Are you going to smoke other food besides meat?
- Do you need the ability grill and smoke at the same time?
- How much space do you have for your smoker?
- Do you need the smoker to heat quickly or keep the food warm after being smoked?
These are the type of questions you need to think about when buying a smoker. Not all of the smokers will fit your need.
Here is our list of the best meat smokers for home use that we think you should consider.
Best All Around Smoker For The Money
There are five different type of smokers. They are pellet, gas, charcoal, electric and infrared smokers. We are only recommending three of these types of smokers to use at your home.
Here is our pick of the best all-around smoker for home use.
- Large capacity pellet hopper with exclusive ash cleanout system
- Electronic auto-start ignition for quick and easy start every time
- Dual LED temperature readout shows internal cooking temps and food temps
- Simple temperature selection system maintains heat
- Automatic auger dispenses pellets as needed for improved smoker efficiency
- Grilling Area Dimensions: 19.5" x 22",Smoking/Warming Rack Dimensions: 6" x 24",Total Rack Surface Area: 570 sq. in
The Best Gas Smoker For The Money
Some people prefer the convenience of a gas smoker. If you have a bbq pit that is away from the house, then a gas smoker is might be a better choice because there is no need for electricity.
Here is the gas smoker that we recommend for those that are going to be doing their meat smoking at home
- Thermostat controlled temperature - no need to manually adjust as with traditional propane smokers, and no electricity required
- Safety valve shuts off burner if flame is extinguished
- Tank fuel level gauge indicates the amount of propane in the tank
- Temperature sensor controls burner to maintain desired temperature
- Dual-door design - add wood chips without losing heat
The Best Electric Smokers
Some people do not want the muss and fuss that comes with pellet, charcoal, and gas smokers. They want a smoker that can be used without having to prepare in advance by buying fuel. This makes sense if you are a busy person and just want a smoker that will meet all your meat smoking needs.
Here are the electric smokers that we recommend for you to start out your meat smoking journey at home.
- 721 sq. Inch of cooking space on four chrome-coated smoking racks
- Built-in meat probe thermometer for perfect results every time
- 800 watt heating element for even, consistent smoking up to 275 Degree F
- RF remote controls temperature, time, food light, on/off and monitors meat temperature
- Included: smoker cover and smoking recipe CD
- 975 sq. Inch of cooking space
- Smooth operating wood chip loading system. Front access drip pan
- 4 cooking racks and an internal light. Heating Element:1,200 watt
- When cleaning the smoker, use 50/50 hot water and apple cider vinegar in a spray bottle and shake well. Use a soft sponge. It is very important not to use harsh chemicals to clean the smoker
The Best Charcoal Smoker For The Money
Finally, we come to our recommendation for the best charcoal smoker to use at your home. Many people love the added flavor and taste of meat smoked with charcoal briquettes. It adds a particular character that just can’t be replicated with other smokers.
If you are one that likes the flavor that comes with using charcoal, then you will love this smoker.
- Charcoal smoker for authentic smokehouse flavor at home.Rust-resistant aluminum heat shield
- Made of porcelain-enameled steel; heat-resistant nylon handle
- 2 nickel-plated 18-1/2-inch-wide cooking grates for a total of 481 square inches
- Water pan; built-in thermometer; individual vents on bowl and lid; storage cover
- Measures approximately 21 by 19 by 41 inches; 10-year limited warranty
- Power source : Charcoal
Starting Your New Meat Smoking Journey At Home
Are you prepared for friends and relatives stopping buy at dinnertime? Everybody loves smoked meat. You just might become the popular family to visit once word gets out you are smoking meat at home.
There are many ways to smoke meat and many sauces you can use to add extra flavor.
Here are a few resources for you to start your meat smoking journey.