Streaming movies have become extremely popular. I stream movies on a regular basis. However, that doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t consider buying a 4k Blu-ray player. In fact, many models include the ability to stream from your favorite streaming movies providers like Netflix and Amazon Prime.
Connecting a 4k Blu-ray player to a UHD TV is the ultimate home theater experience. Or just the plain out best for your living room viewing experience as well.
Not only that but if you are a 3D movie buff, some of these 4k Blu-ray players give you that option as well. You might never go to the theater again!
In this article, you will find a quick comparison chart of Blu-ray players, and then below you will find a mini review of each player.
But before we go onto the list, here is a helpful video on how to buy a Blu-ray player by C|net.
How We Chose These Players
Why You Should Trust Us
We spent over 40 hours researching and writing this list of Blu-ray players so you wouldn’t have to spend your time doing the research. We consulted with the top experts in the Blu-ray industry and coupled that with our own experience to bring you this list of players. We do not accept free products or incentives when we review products to keep our opinions unbiased and helpful to our readers.
In making this list of players, we kept three things in mind: Features, price, and customer satisfaction.
One of the most important things about purchasing a new Blu-Ray player is the features that the player have. Does it have 3D playing ability? Is it easy to operate? How well is it constructed? What type of warranty does the player have? Does it have the streaming capability? Does it have Wi-Fi connectivity?
All of these things are important in choosing your new player, or deciding which one will be an excellent gift for a friend or loved one. So that is what we looked for in a Blu-ray player. We only picked players that had one or more of these options.
We spent hours researching and writing this list of Blu-ray players so you wouldn’t have to spend your time doing the research. Now you can start enjoying more time with your family watching movies with the same quality you would find at your local cinema.
We kept the price range between $100.00 to $600.00, give or take a few dollars so that anyone can afford a new player. That being said, the pricier players usually are the better quality players that have better features. It is how things work in this world. You get what you pay for.
However, if you don’t need the absolute best player right off the bat, we have a couple of players for you at the end of the article that is quite inexpensive.
Most people buy a player to make their movie watching experience more enjoyable and their audio and video quality of entertainment better. We made sure that we only listed players that will accomplish that goal.
Every player that we have listed are rated by customers at 80% or higher depending on the rating system used on different websites. They are either four stars or higher at the time of the review.
We also read all the individual customer reviews to see how well the manufacturer responded to customer issues and how well people recommended these Blu-ray players. We only took into account customers with a verified purchase. They are real buyers reviewing the product.
Which One Is For You?
Picking a Blu-ray player for you depends upon your needs.
- Do you have a home theater system?
- Do you invite people over to watch movies, play games, stream videos?
- How often do you watch high-quality movies?
- Do you like to watch 3D movies?
These are the type of questions you need to think about when buying Blu-ray player. Not all of the players will fit your need.
The Best 4k Players
There are two different type players. They are those that have internet connectivity and those that do not. Pay attention to make sure you get the type of player that you desire.
- 4K Ultra HD performance for years of worry free enjoyment
- Enjoy HD content in 4K UHD with a 4K upscaling engine
- Dolby True HD and DTS-HD MA for HD 7.1 surround sound
- Easily enjoy local media from your home network, or watch Netflix and YouTube videos in HD and 4K on your big screen TV
- Dolby Vision for Dramatic Imaging at Home
First Runner Up In 2018
- Play 4K Ultra HD movies at 4x the resolution of full 1080p HD, letting you watch your favorite scenes with a level of detail and clarity like never before.
- HDR allows for a greater range of color contrast and brightness, enhancing details from the original film format. The player recognizes HDR content and automatically optimizes settings.
- New for 2017, turn your TV into the ultimate home entertainment hub. Seamlessly access your favorite apps, content, and sports with Samsung Smart Hub. Operating Power Consumption (Main): 22W,Stand-by Power Consumption (Main): 0.3W
- Expand your existing audio system to play streaming music. Just connect the Blu-ray player to your legacy audio player and you can wirelessly stream your favorite music to your speakers.
Honorable Mention For 2018
- Play 4K Ultra HD movies with High Dynamic Range (HDR) support
- Experience Dolby Atmos 3D and DTS:X object-based surround sound
- Optimized for custom installation with Ihiji8, IP control, RS232, IR included
- Premium construction for optimum audio-visual performance
- Hear every detail with Hi-Res Audio
Other Top Players
There were a lot of good choices in the 4k Blu-ray category. We did not want to fail to give credit where credit was due. So here some more 4k Blu-ray players that we feel would be a good choice for the money as well.
- Play 4K Ultra HD movies at 4x the resolution of full 1080p HD, letting you watch your favorite scenes with a level of detail and clarity like never before.1
- HDR allows for a greater range of color contrast and brightness, enhancing details. The player recognizes HDR content and automatically optimizes settings.2
- Rating voltage is AC110-120V ~50/60Hz with a operating voltage of 22W and stand-by power consumption of 0.3W
- Sync and stream all your favorite TV shows, games, apps, and more with built-in wireless.3
- Blu Ray Disc Zone: A/B/C - DVD Region: 0123456789 PAL/NTSC Built-in 4k NTSC⇔PAL 4k HD Converter
- HDR Compatible Content created for High Dynamic Range, or HDR, can display an even more vibrant image than non-HDR content, when used with an HDR-compatible display. HDR10 is supported natively; support for Dolby Vision is scheduled to be made available via a future firmware update.
- dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi for smooth wireless streaming from Netflix and other video streaming apps Supports high-resolution audio formats such as Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio for a dynamic multi-channel surround sound experience
- The front-panel USB port allows you to connect devices such as thumb drives and external HDDs for playback of multimedia files. There's also a digital optical audio output for feeding multi-channel sound to audio systems without HDMI, while a second HDMI output exclusively outputs audio for use with audio systems independent of a display.
- Access streaming content like Amazon Video, Youtube, Hulu, Amazon Instant Video Netflix Buillt-In Wi-Fi Sync and stream all your favorite TV shows, games, apps, and more with built-in Wi-Fi. Access and share your TV and multimedia content from your computer and mobile devices for a connected home media experience. Dual HDMI - can separate Audio and 4K Video
- Play 4K Ultra HD movies
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) support
- Stream in 4K HDR and play almost any disc or file format
- Hear every detail with Hi-Res Audio. Separate video and audio HDMI outputs
- Experience Dolby Atmos and DTS: X object-based surround
- In the box: Instruction Manual (Full manual / Web manual, English), Remote Control (RMT-VB310U), Batteries (Type AAA x 2), Customer Registration Card, Warranty Card (1 year)
The Best Inexpensive Blu-Ray Players
- This Bundle Includes: *Blu-ray Disc Player * Rmote Control *High speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet *5 PC Cleaning kit * Xterme Ear Buuds *1 Full Year Warranty By The Manufacturer
- Smart Functionality: With built-in Wi-Fi you can wirelessly access popular streaming apps and over 300 services including Netflix, YouTube, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video & more.
- 4K Upscaling: Get the most out of your 4K Ultra HD TV by upscaling the quality of your Blu-ray movies to near 4K quality. The upscaling chip also improves the quality of online content, and upconverts DVD's to near HD quality for an improved viewing experience.
- Sound: Experience HD sound with Dolby and dts-Master Audio. Enjoy multi-room streaming capabilities with the SongPal Link Apps, and connect via bluetooth to enjoy wireless listening.
- Inputs/Outputs: 1 HDMI, 1 USB, 1 Coaxial, 1 Ethernet -- Front USB Port: Enjoy your videos, photos and digital music with USB connectivity -- Screen Mirroring: View your Android mobile devices' content on your TV with Miracast screen mirroring technology.
- True 4K Ultra HD Playback with HDR--- Play 4K Ultra HD movies at 4x the resolution of full 1080p HD, letting you watch your favorite scenes with a level of detail and clarity like never before. Blu-ray player-- For high-definition movie playback with resolution up to 5 times greater than DVD. Watch films in stunning high-definition just like you do on the big screen.
- 3D technology--- So you can experience full 3D content when you pair this Blu-ray player with a 3D HDTV. Upconvert DVDs--- Delivers greatly enhanced video performance of standard DVDs by upconverting their video resolution to HDTV-compliant up to 4K via the HDMI interface.
- Playable formats--- Include CD-R/RW, DVD±R/RW, DVD-ROM, DVD, CD, BD-R, BD-RE and BD-ROM. Also supports AAC, MPEG1 Layer2, MP3, FLAC, LPCM, MPEG2 Layer2, MPEG-1, XviD, MKV, VC-1, AVCHD, MOV, AVC, 3GP, VOB, TS, DAT, FLV, M4V, H.265, MPEG-2 PS, MPEG-2 TS, MPEG-4 AVC and MP4 formats.
- Ethernet port--- For firmware updates only. 1 HDMI output --- High-speed HDMI cable is the only connection that can deliver a Blu-ray experience with a full 1080p picture and digital surround sound.
- Power Consumption 17W; Standby Power Consumption:
- Wired Internet connection
- Play 4K Ultra HD movies at 4x the Resolution of Full 1080p HD*, letting you watch your favorite scenes with a level of detail and clarity.
- HDR allows for a greater range of color contrast and brightness, Enhancing details.**
- Turn your TV into the ultimate home entertainment Hub. Seamlessly access your favorite apps, including 4K streaming apps, content, and sports with Samsung Smart Hub.*/**